|Dralthi (Mk. I)|
|Weapons||Laser Cannon (2), Porcupine Mines (3), Heat-Seeking Missiles (2)|
|Affiliation||Kilrathi Empire, Tortuga|
|First appearance||Wing Commander I|
Dralthi was a common type of fighter used by the Kilrathi Empire.
Once Dralthis attacked the Epsilon Prima system. Confed Tactical anticipated this but estimated that the new Dralthi ships wouldn't have enough range and because of this underestimation 5 Confed pilots were lost.
Dralthis led by Commander Krulan nar Ragitagha attacked two Confed Scimitars above a water planet. Both pilots and Krulan crashed on the planet. A swarm of Dralthis attempted to follow a Confed scout ship which spied Kilrathi space through a pulsar hypernode, however they ended up into an ambush set up by Geoffrey Tolwyn more than once. Dralthis were also the complement of the captured ship TCS Morgan and a Kilrathi Carrier around a ringed snow planet.Gateway system and later an Exeter-class on its way to Brimstone II. Dakhath nar Sihkag led a wing against an Exeter-class on its way to the Ymir system but he was downed by pilots from the Claw. Dralthis also participated in a planetary attack in the surface of Hurricane. An escort of Dralthis was engaged by pilots who attacked a Dorkir-class preparing the stage for an assault in Kurasawa. A wing of Dralthis later attacked the TCS Formidable but was fended off by pilots from the Claw.
In another theater of the Vega Campaign, some Dralthis and the 2 Dorkir-class they escorted in the Hubble's Star system but were destroyed by pilots from TCS Eagle's Talon. Similarly, Dralthis attempted to stop the pilots from rendez-vous with a Drayman-class tanker with fuel for the Talon. They also participated to an assault against an Exeter-class in the Hell's Kitchen system and then attempted to stop the Talons jump from that system to Venice.
Another attack against the Claw was made by Dralthis during its incursion to Kilrathi space. During the Operation: Thor's Hammer the elite Reavers marines captured a Dralthi and piloted it back to the Claw and several wings of Dralthis attempted to stop their return.
Surplus Dralthis were given to the primitive Dioscurans who were trained by the Kilrathi as pilots. These Dralthis beared tribal markings and were modified to operate only with a special coded signal transmitted by the Kilrathi command, so that the natives would never turn against their "benefactors".
Dralthis had a distinct circular shape that made Terran pilots refer to them as "flying pancakes"; thanks to the shape of the wings, the wing stabilizers spread around a wide area, giving them great stability even in high speeds.
That early Dralthi had an infamous power overload problem once the shields get pounded a little too hard by the Terran Confederation fighters; 3 or 4 direct hits would overload the shield generator causing them to explode; this defect that made them so easy to kill, was corrected in the next model.
Compared to the Confed Hornets, the Dralthis are almost as fast, with more armor in their fore and aft shields. Their speed and range gives them an advantage over heavier but slower Confed fighters such as the F-44_Rapier_II.
The Academy Years gives the following AI mechanics
|No Damage||Medium Damage||Almost Destroyed|
|Enemy Near||40% try to tail; 60% random offense||70% try to tail; 30% random offense||Run away at full afterburners|
|Enemy Slow||80% strafe attack; 20% get distance||50% strafe attack; 50% try to tail|
|Enemy Far||Intercept enemy fighter|
|Enemy Tailing||50% tight loop; 50% random defense||50% toll over; 50% random defense|
|Head-to-Head||70% random offense; 30% random defense||60% random defense; 40% rand. offense|
|Missile Coming||Random defense|
|Laser Hit||50% corkscrew; 50% random defense||Random defense|
|On Enemy Tail||random offense|
|Enemy Destroyed||veer away|
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Jotunheim series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Word of Honor
- ↑ Expendable
- ↑ Chain of Command
- ↑ Walking Wounded
- ↑ Price of Victory
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Wing Commander I, Enyo series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Enyo series
- ↑ Wing Commander I, McAuliffe series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, McAuliffe series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Gimle series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Gimle series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Port Hedland series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Rostov series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Rostov series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Gateway series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Brimstone series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Chengdu series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Dakota series (Mission 3) cutscene
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Kurasawa series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Kurasawa series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Hubble's Star series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Hubble's Star series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Hell's Kitchen series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Hell's Kitchen series (Mission 4)
- ↑ Template:Memoirs
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Venice series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Venice series (Mission 4)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Border Zone series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Midgard series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Firekka series (Mission 1)
- ↑ The Last One Left
- ↑ Lords of the Sky
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 Mercedes Lackey and Ellen Guon, Freedom Flight, Chapter 6
- ↑ Ships of the Animated Series: Dralthi
- ↑ Template:Memoirs
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Gateway series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, McAuliffe series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Template:Memoirs