Pilots of the Concordia flew several mission while in that system.
- Niven Colony HQ reported Kilrathi activity and the pilots to determine if the Kilrathi were preparing for an assault. Maverick flew a A-17D Broadsword to scan jump trails of Capital ships and engaged Jalkehis and Grikaths. Meanwhile Spirit led a patrol wing to investigate, and Banzai patrolled quadrant 7.
- Because of sunspot activity, the Concordia lost contact with Niven, and Maverick flew a Ferret with a comm packet from Geoffrey Tolwyn to the Chief Officer at Niven and engaged a wing of Sarthas. Meanwhile on the Concordia, a traitor killed McGuffin while transmitting the ship's location to the Kilrathi.
- As Maverick returned to the Concordia, he was ordered by General Snell to escort Free Trader-class transports TCS Bhomis and TCS Excalibur carrying medical supplies for the outpost at Argarrio 2, to the jump point. Meanwhile Downtown escorted a food transport from Niven to Ghorah Khar.
- Reconnaissance near Niven indicated that the Kilrathi's target was Ghorah Khar and the Concordia prepared to follow. In a Ferret, Maverick flew scout to the Concordia's port side. He encountered phantom fighters but upon his return his flight recorder was stolen and could not prove it. The Kilrathi moved through the system to Ghorah Khar and Concordia followed.
It is possible that the Niven star system is named in homage to author Larry Niven. Niven was the creator of an extraterrestrial race of aggressive honor-bound felines named Kzinti, which have in turn been used as an inspiration for the Kilrathi.
- ↑ Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi, Niven series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi, Niven series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi, Niven series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi, Niven series (Mission 4)
- ↑ Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi, Ghorah Khar series (Mission 1)