|Weapons||Turreted Lasers (6), Porcupine Mine|
|First appearance||Wing Commander I|
This type of destroyer was smaller, weaker and less armored than its counterpart.
Ralaris were significantly larger than their closest Terran Confederation equivalent, the Exeter-class, and both classes shared similar levels of maneuverability. However, for some reason their armor and shield quality was inferior to that of the Exeter.
Vaguely triangular in shape, and like the Fralthi-class, Ralaris had a distinctive, mandibled forward section; and a curved aft section. They were usually colored gray with yellow trim.
These destroyers were used mainly as planetary assault ships and convoy escorts. Variants include an armored command and control ship for coordinating amphibious landings and a ship-to-planet missile laden "strategic bomber".[Source?]
The Ralari-class Destroyer was the most modern capital ship in Kilrathi's arsenal during the early stages of the Terran-Kilrathi War. By the mid-2650s, the Kilrathi fleet would include more than three thousand of the destroyers.[Source?]
While Killer Bees cleared the way for supply and transport ships to enter the McAuliffe system, a Ralari jumped into heading toward the Claw. Pilots from the Claw were once more tasked to destroy the Ralari, which was escorted by 2 Krants.
Christopher Blair is credited with nine confirmed Ralari kills while on his tour aboard the TCS Tiger's Claw. Pitak Puzaki and Marsha Shannon of the TCS Eagle's Talon, destroyed a Ralari escorted by Krants, during the defense of Hubble's Star. In the Hell's Kitchen, Puzaki and Reynolds Carpenter encountered another Ralari escorted by Grathas, which attempted to stop the Talon from jumping to Venice.
Ralaris were also seen in Venice, one during a patrol with its escort of Krants and another with Dralthis, part of the resistance put in the system to stop the Claw's advent towards the Star Base.
A Ralari with its Salthi escorts was engaged by pilots of the Claw in Midgard system, while tasked to prevent the Kilrathi from exploiting the captured TCS Falstaff. In the same system, another Ralari with its escort of Grathas attempted to stop the Confed pilots from recovering a captured Dralthi. Another Ralari escorted by Krants was seen in Bifrost. After the Confed pilots destroyed a Supply Depot, a Ralari escorted by Grathas was engaged in that vicinity. Stranded ships, including a Ralari with its Gratha escort, turned against the Claw in desperation, but were fended off by the Confed pilots.
When the Claw approached the Sivar in the Vigrid system, Ralaris were among the forces attempting to stop the Confed carrier, one with its Jalthi escort and another, with its escort of Krants.
The old and aging Ralari-class destroyers were finally replaced by the newer Ralatha-class Destroyers. However, the Kilrathi would use these Ralari-class destroyers for secondary assignments and would continue to see service up until the Battle of Earth in the year 2668.[Source?]
Known Ships Edit
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Claw Marks (Wing Commander I box package), Taggart's Tactics
- ↑ Wing Commander I, McAuliffe series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Chengdu series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Dakota series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Kurasawa series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Rostov series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Hubble's Star series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Hell's Kitchen series (Mission 4)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Venice series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Venice series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Midgard series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Midgard series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Bifrost series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Bifrost series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Valgard series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Vigrid series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Vigrid series (Mission 2)