|Raptor Heavy Fighter|
|Weapons||Gatling Mass Driver Cannons (2), Neutron Guns (2), Javelin HS (2), Spiculum IR (2), Pilum FF, Porcupine space mine|
|First appearance||Wing Commander I|
The Raptor Heavy Fighter was a heavy starfighter used by the Terran Confederation Navy.
These fighters were developed by Origin Aerospace, a major starfighter producer for the Terran Confederation. The Raptors saw major combat operation during the famous Enyo Engagement. Captain Geoffrey Tolwyn's plan to assist captive civilians rested on the abilities of a small force of Raptors outfitted as minelayers. These Raptors dropped space mines that surrounded a jump point to prevent any hostile attacks on the fleeing captives.
These fighters constituted the Star Slayer squadron of the TCS Tiger's Claw and saw action during the Vega Campaign, the Operation: Thor's Hammer, as well as Operation: Crusade.
Even after many years, the Raptor remains one of the most powerful and respected fighters in the Confederation's service. The heavy fighter was favored by most pilots because of its heavy protection, powerful weapons array, and high speed. Shotglass liked the Raptor better than the Scimitar, considering it a good ship, fast and aggressive but a bit clumsy as it doesn't handle very well.
While the mass drivers and neutron cannons are the main weaponry of the Raptor, the heavy fighter also has five missile hard points and carries a porcupine mine behind the fighter.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Template:Marks
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wing Commander I, Gimle series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Gimle series
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Dkota series
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Rostov series
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Border Zone series
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Jotunheim series
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Bifrost series
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Firekka series
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Corsair series
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Wing Commander I, Rostov series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Gimle series (Mission 1) (debriefing)