It was scheduled to join the TCS Tiger's Claw in the Firekka system as part of the Honor Guard for the Diplomatic Corps who came for the treaty conference about the Firekkans' membershp to the Confederation. After the death of Bossman, Peter Halcyon arranged with Austin so that the ship withdrew to a more defensible position and to lend some of their combat pilots to the Claw.
After the threats from Prince Thrakhath nar Kiranka, the Austin left the system, however a patrol by Prankster and Spirit protected it against an assault of Grathas until it jumped away to Corsair. The Austin was also attacked by Hhriss, but Hunter, who was flying in a stolen Dralthi Mk. II, protected the ship.
After the destruction of the Claw, Christopher Blair and Carl T. LaFong landed on the Austin. Both claimed that the ship was destroyed by stealth fighters each witnessed, but no other pilots did, and each's flight recorders mysteriously disappeared.
LaFong's court martial was overseen by Colonel Fratworth. LaFong was isolated from the rest of the crew confined to his quarters until the proceedings were over, and a decision could be made. The existence of Kilrathi 'cloaks' was something that upper brass (including Halcyon and Tolwyn) had continuously tried to suppress (with threats of punishment) and including conspiracies to cover-up, which may explain some of the treatment given to Blair and LaFong.
- ↑ Mercedes Lackey and Ellen Guon, Freedom Flight, Chapter 6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Wing Commander I, Corsair series (Mission c1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Firekka series (Mission a2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Firekka series (Mission a1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Firekka series (Mission b2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Firekka series (Mission c1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Firekka series (Mission c2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Corsair series (Mission a1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Corsair series (Mission b1)
- ↑ Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi, Manual
- ↑ Wing Commander Academy, Episode 11 Invisible Enemy
- ↑ Super Wing Commander: Halcyon: "Good, finally one last thing. I've heard there have been rumors around the Claw of Kilrathi stealth technology. Admiral Tolwyn assures me these are merely rumors not to be believed. I do not want to hear any more about these rumors. They are to stop now. This is a matter subject to military discipline. That's all people, let's go. Squadron dismissed."